At Doxa Church, we desire to be open about how the funds entrusted to us are spent and strive to be above reproach in all things related to the receiving and spending of church funds. From the beginning, our people have been phenomenally generous to the ministries of Doxa, such that we continue to invest in ministries, staff, operations, and give generously out of our resources to further God's Kingdom around the world.
Explaining Doxa's 2022-2023 budget:
Annual Budget: $5,000,000
Monthly Need Averages:
- July - September: $313,460
- October - December: $470,000
- January - March: $405,880
- April - June: $477,330
Why does the church budget increase each year?
As Doxa has grown, the ministry has grown along with it. With growing ministries comes increased need for infrastructure, staff leadership, resources, and various administrative realities as well (technology, support, etc). We are grateful the Lord has seen fit each year to allow us to increase our budget in order to reflect the growth of the church, and we have mostly been able to anticipate new staff positions ahead of time in order to grow while staying within our approved budget.
Understanding Each Category:
Church Ministries | 8%
- This is the total of costs for our various ministries including Worship, Next Gen, Assimilation, Small Groups and Soul Care, Sunday mornings and video/media including Live Stream. It does not include the salaries/wages of the staff who lead or direct them, but rather is made up of the resources needed to run and grow the ministries.
Human Resources | 49%
This is the total of our salaries and wages, housing allowance, insurance, and health and retirement benefits.
Facilities | 16%
- This is the total of our budgeted costs for anything related to our building such as utilities, any maintenance and repairs and our loan on the building.
General Operating | 7%
- This category describes a variety of operational necessities, including office operations and supplies, online giving fees, an external stewardship review, safety and security, and technology expenses.
Great Commission Giving | 14%
- We desire to be a generous church and Great Commission Giving conveys our goal of generous giving to take care of those within our church when needs arise, faithfully saving for future church planting efforts, future Great Commission endeavors, and general giving and generosity.
Building Mortgage Pay-Down | 6%
- This was a new category last year. We have budgeted to save 10% of our budget to use toward an early mortgage pay-down.
Monthly giving report for 2022-2023 Fiscal Year (July 1 - June 30):
Year To Date ahead/behind budget: __________
If you are a member of Doxa Church and have any questions about these numbers or about our budget, please contact Pastor Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about giving online.
If you would like to view last year's financial page click here.